We have the technology to send guys romping on the moon and e-mail India in fewer than two seconds, but we still have no cure for the common cold.
Mine began in the middle of last week with a sore throat. It has since snaked through my nose, ears and eyeballs until it finally coiled fatly in my skull, making it feel as if it’s about to explode.
Thus I have a sick day off to lie in bed and drink things like NyQuil and echinacea tea, hoping to return to work on Tuesday.
Enjoy the top 10 list in the interim.
Top 10 worst things about being sick:
10. Your dogs do care to an extent, but but still demand their daily fast-paced trek through the rocky riverbed.
9. You trip in the rocky riverbed.
8. You look as horrific as you feel.
7. Everything tastes like a stale rice cake.
6. Any attempts at art resemble a preschooler’s bad crayon day.
5. You can’t read your own writing (which is why it’s good this is typed).
4. You read the same sentence two or three times and still have no idea what you just read. You read the same sentence two or three times and still have no idea what you just read.
3. All things that normally annoy you are 500 times more annoying than usual. Phoebe – will you please stop barking?
2. You have to add “coughing yourself awake” as your new favorite hobby.
1. You waste a perfectly good sick day from work actually being ill.
What do you think?
Have you been yet hit with this season’s cold or flu?
What’s the sickest you’ve ever been?
What’s your least favorite aspect of being sick?